#81 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

I was down a week ago also and just speed up my retrieve to have a blast with that  thousands of fish.As for early July, tried the July 1st weekend 4 years ago they had left early but we had a hot spring and no amount of rain.This year is a wet one with both hot and cool nights,(9 degees) this am . I use to go down on even this weekend only in the pm after the second week of June till the end . They turn the Nixtau on usually around 2:00pm and it was great fishing in the slot.July1 first is a chance.

#82 Firefly

Firefly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:59 AM

That's kind of what I was expecting, that it would be a chance. Where I will have limited time to fish, and I want to make the most of it I might have to go after a different species. Something less zombie like..lol.

#83 Love2Flyfish

Love2Flyfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:37 AM

I've fished shad in July, and S Jollymore is absolutely right (and not exaggerating), it's not a pleasurable experience, they are beat up (and deformed) at that point, and it sucks to see them in that form.  

Not much of a sport hauling in these "zombies".

#84 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted Yesterday, 04:02 PM

Love to fish, did you get into any of the real big slabs sneaking up the far side into the Annapolis in late June ? A couple of years ago it was the last weekend the water was close to its summer level, my nephew and some other teens were targeting the trout sight fishing them and I would cast to the opposite bank at the point let it drift 10ft and hook up on the deep edge all 6lb plus for the afternoon.Just wondering is the late run still there ? Ps Even back then the pink lady was a shad magnet. 

#85 Love2Flyfish

Love2Flyfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted Today, 08:14 AM

Hi S Jollymore, actually I only fish the Elmsdale area, I haven't made it up to Annapolis yet (I probably will next year, as this was the worst year I've seen in Elmsdale).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users