4 replies to this topic

#1 tundrawalker1

tundrawalker1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMount Uniacke

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:43 AM

Hey gang.  I bought a 14' Princecraft Fisherman last year.  It is a V-hull boat and I have decided to put floors and a casting deck in it.  I am wondering what suggestions may be out there for carpet.  I went to Home Depot and Kent and what they have is not what interests me.  I am looking for indoor/outdoor carpet or maybe boat carpet that will dry out when it is wet.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

#2 coulombeMR

coulombeMR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEastern Passage

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:44 AM

I'm interested to know if and what you find, and where. I'm thinking about replacing the rollers on my trailer with skids.

#3 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:39 AM

Don't bother with carpet on trailer bunks if ytou want plastic skids,, I have used 2 different types and they work great,, just put them right on the wood,the wood dries out quicker without the carpet..last set I got from Bass Pro

#4 fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 860 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Mike, your going to need a marine grade carpet that will withstand the rain and other wet elements. If not you will be dealing with mold, mildew and rot. Best price your going to find locally is from Lester at Hanley Marine. As you probably remember, I redid my 20 ft bass boat 4 years ago and it still looks great.

#5 tundrawalker1

tundrawalker1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMount Uniacke

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

Thanks Chris.  Do you recall the price?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users