• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JoeV

JoeV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

Anyone been noticing a particularly large number of ticks this year? I was out fishing the other weekend and found 4 of them crawling on me after some relatively light bushwacking! None had had stuck me, and I'm pretty sure they were all large, dog ticks, but it was still unpleasant. I've had the occasional tick on me before, but this was another level.

I know Lyme disease is no joke, and the seeming increase in ticks is definitely unsettling. Have others noticed an increase in there numbers? Are people seeing a lot of deer ticks too? Any tips on how to avoid these nasty buggers?

#2 uklee

uklee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLawrencetown

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

Yep loads of the little buggers. 

I haven't been out bush whacking or fishing much this year but the dog has brought into the house from the garden more this year than I have seen in the 9 years that we have lived here.

Also be careful of Limes disease, it looks like the wife has got it this week.

No such thing as a bad days fishing or a good day at work

#3 NS_Sens

NS_Sens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

Picked up two of them in Elmsdale fishing for shad, just beside the green bridge crossing the river.  Buggers are everywhere.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. -- George W. Sears

#4 NS Angler

NS Angler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

Yup had a few on me already and even found one in the camper

#5 em.fisher

em.fisher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:15 PM

Oh yes, the ticks are insane, depending on where you go you can come out crawling with the buggers.

#6 sable

sable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

In Shelburne County at easter (15 April), I had five on me after cutting some trees for an hour. One had begun digging in around my waist. They were all dog ticks. It is supposed to be a really bad year for ticks and I believe it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users