• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MBNOutdoorsnb

MBNOutdoorsnb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

What to use in the bra d'or lake. I will be heading up on a bachelor party to a cottage on the lake. And we will be bringing out boats. And just wondering since, I have never fishes it be for if someone cam give me some pointers on what to use. This will be taking place on the weekend right after canada day long weekend. I'm looking to catch some lake trout or trout of any kind, now what to use? Do I need big spoons for trolling, or should I be using rapalas. Also how deep down ball park? I do not have down riggers on my boat ether. Any info would help thanks.

#2 Orso

Orso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:03 AM

I have found it really depends on where in the Lakes you're going to be fishing. What location will you be in? Also just an FYI, you won't catch Lake Trout in the Bras D'or, but Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout and Sea Run. Good chance these day of also hooking into Striped Bass.

If you're trolling around, rapalas always seem to work for me.

#3 UltimateFlyFisher

UltimateFlyFisher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:49 AM

Hey I didn't start this topic but would love to know more about Striped Bass fishing in the lake near the Dundee resort. Is there a place near there where I could have a shot of catching a striper?

#4 caper

caper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDartmouth,NS

Posted Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Have never caught any stripers around the Resort,but they are catching them elsewhere around the lake so you never know.Have caught a few trout across the road from Resort while fishing from the shore.

#5 UltimateFlyFisher

UltimateFlyFisher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:54 PM

Are people catching stripers anywhere near the resort, say, within an hour drive or so? Or is it the complete other side of the lake?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users