19 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler_Stevenson

Tyler_Stevenson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

I was wondering if anyone has a link to the online salwater fishing regs? I was mostly concerned with the shark fishing regulations/liscensing.

Thanks alot

#2 Xlobsterman

Xlobsterman

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSheet Harbour

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Check out a previous post I made here titled FYI SHARK FISHERMAN

http://novascotiafis...hark-fisherman/

Posted Image

#3 fishon

fishon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Locationin my la-z-boy, fully reclined

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

Maritime Provinces
Fishery Regulations
CODIFICATION
Règlement de pêche des
provinces maritimes
SOR/93-55 DORS/93-55

link ----> http://laws.justice....S/SOR-93-55.pdf

#4 Tyler_Stevenson

Tyler_Stevenson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

I checked the link to your post lobsterman but i was not able to find a link within that had the summary of regs for saltwater and shark, just that there has been a change to the already existing one.

Thank you fishon i have been looking for that summary for awhile, it has helped in understanding the inland rules.

Still looking for the saltwater summary, if its out there.

#5 Xlobsterman

Xlobsterman

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSheet Harbour

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:12 AM

I checked the link to your post lobsterman but i was not able to find a link within that had the summary of regs for saltwater and shark, just that there has been a change to the already existing one.

Thank you fishon i have been looking for that summary for awhile, it has helped in understanding the inland rules.

Still looking for the saltwater summary, if its out there.

There are no regs online for sharkfishing. It is fairly straight forward, CATCH & RELEASE ONLY, they must be caught with rod and reel, and now, you MUST report all catches.

The licence is $10 bucks plus tax and they send a copy of the conditions with the licence.

X

Posted Image

#6 Tyler_Stevenson

Tyler_Stevenson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

Im still looking for groundfish regulations that are online if anyone knows of the link.

In regards to the shark, are liscenses attached to the individual person, or are they attached to the boat/captain. Reason being me and another guy from work are doing a tournament and im trying to get up too speed on rules and regs before hand.

Thanks

#7 Xlobsterman

Xlobsterman

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSheet Harbour

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

Im still looking for groundfish regulations that are online if anyone knows of the link.

In regards to the shark, are liscenses attached to the individual person, or are they attached to the boat/captain. Reason being me and another guy from work are doing a tournament and im trying to get up too speed on rules and regs before hand.

Thanks

You will be my hero if you can find any recreational saltwater fishing regs online for NS!!!!! I have spend countless hours searching the WWW with NO luck at all. Posted Image

The shark licence is for the individual person/fisherman.

When you say you are doing a tournament, does it mean you are fishing in the tournament, or you are organizing a tournament?

Posted Image

#8 Tyler_Stevenson

Tyler_Stevenson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

I will be fishing in the tournament. Shark and groundfish are categories for the weekend (tournament is sanctioned)

#9 Tyler_Stevenson

Tyler_Stevenson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

I will continue to look though, i feel your pain lobsterman.

#10 JHG

JHG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWindsor, Ontario

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

I will be fishing in the tournament. Shark and groundfish are categories for the weekend (tournament is sanctioned)

Which tournament is this Tyler? Do have a link for the details?

Thanks,

J

Recently returned from living and fishing in West Africa... Adventures in Ghana

#11 Tyler_Stevenson

Tyler_Stevenson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

Theres no working link right now all there is is a contact number, i can dig it up if you want.

#12 Tyler_Stevenson

Tyler_Stevenson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

After spending a few minutes on the phone i have found out, There are NO RECREATIONAL SALTWATER REGS online, the guy said the easiest way is to find where you want to go fishing and give them a call and they will give you the latests information.

#13 JHG

JHG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWindsor, Ontario

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

It's unfortunate that there isn't really any recreational saltwater industry in NS. I get really worked up watching my cousins in BC post their crab, shrimp, salmon (not caught with a flyrod), halibut, etc. photos on Facebook. We in NS are really missing out!

Recently returned from living and fishing in West Africa... Adventures in Ghana

#14 Spastic Caster

Spastic Caster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • LocationCanada's Ocean Playground

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

After spending a few minutes on the phone i have found out, There are NO RECREATIONAL SALTWATER REGS online, the guy said the easiest way is to find where you want to go fishing and give them a call and they will give you the latests information.

That is a complete joke if it is for real. What are those people doing to earn a living????!!!!???

James
I likes to eat fish with them French Fried Pertaters. MmmmHmmmmm

#15 Xlobsterman

Xlobsterman

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSheet Harbour

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:39 AM

It's unfortunate that there isn't really any recreational saltwater industry in NS. I get really worked up watching my cousins in BC post their crab, shrimp, salmon (not caught with a flyrod), halibut, etc. photos on Facebook. We in NS are really missing out!

Hey Jay,
here in Atlantic Canada is most likely one of the only places in the world where Saltwater Sportfisherman have no access to the resources in the ocean!! I am sure that you will have more access to recreational saltwater angling when you move to Ghana, in West Africa than we have here in NS. Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Xlobsterman

Xlobsterman

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSheet Harbour

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

Here we are, in the 21st century, with the technology we have in todays world, and the Gov. cant even provide a single web page for the "FEW" regulations for saltwater angling here in NS???????? Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Tyler_Stevenson

Tyler_Stevenson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

The reasoning behind it was due too the constant changes in laws, and the opening and closing of areas constantly, that it was more efficient to not post them too a website.

#18 Xlobsterman

Xlobsterman

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSheet Harbour

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

The reasoning behind it was due too the constant changes in laws, and the opening and closing of areas constantly, that it was more efficient to not post them too a website.

LMFAO........................it seems to me that it would be "MORE EFFICIENT" to have a single employee/webmaster post them on a website, that way they could be accessed 24-7 by those who need them! I wonder how many employees they have to answer the phone calls? And the way it is now, you can only call between the hours of 8am to 4pm!!! Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Golfisher

Golfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationAntigonish/Westville, NS

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

DFO Maritimes and Gulf could learn a thing or two from their Pacific counterpart: Saltwater Fishing Regulation

If the Pacific region can do this, surely the Maritimes and Gulf regions can also come up with something similar. They are, after all, in the same federal department for crying out loud!

#20 uklee

uklee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLawrencetown

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

I think they do not want any recreational fishing around the coast so the commercial guys can plunder the stocks without anyone seeing them or noticing the catch rate going down and then blame the government, the Spanish or who ever they can think of, but not them selves as they are so responsible and the real custodians of the seas.
No such thing as a bad days fishing or a good day at work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users