#1 fishingcaptain

fishingcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationn.s.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Anyone know where I can try for smelt in hants county or around Windsor.I saw a place called smelt brook near Windsor and was wondering if its any good to try around there. Somewhere along the coast in Hants co.would be more ideal for me but Windsor isn't too far either if there's a place to go there...Thanks for any info.

#2 pokefins

pokefins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

I checked the regs...Tidal waters and Grand Lake are the only placed to fish smelts this time of year. Don't know if this helps.

#3 fishingcaptain

fishingcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationn.s.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

I checked the regs...Tidal waters and Grand Lake are the only placed to fish smelts this time of year. Don't know if this helps.Yes it does help...guess I'll go give grand lake a try...ice should be good still by the first of next week..what's good bait for there?..I generally use blood worms,eels,mackeral

#4 pokefins

pokefins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

I think you would be ok with that...i've use canned kernnel corn and other smelts/fish i can stick on the hook.

#5 Gypsy

Gypsy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

What area of Grand Lake is best for smelts. I live in Oakfield new to the area

#6 LewisMe

LewisMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHalifax/ Enfield

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

The southern end down towards the WADRA boat launch seems to be the best, its where I've had the best luck. It is hard to find a way to get on the ice down there though unless you know someone. I do know people who used to fish for them in Oakfield cove as well with decent luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users